Monday, September 3, 2007

Panic

I can feel it coming...settling in my chest. My throat is all choked up. Tomorrow is my son's first day of preschool. I am dreading it.

Being the good mommy that I am...I put on my happy face and talked about school tomorrow. How exciting it is going to be. How many new friends he will make. How nice his teacher will be. How he will read new books and play with new toys. He is happy. That is all that matters.

I hope I can keep the smile on my face until I make it back to car. There I can cry and blow my nose and try to mend my broken heart.

What a long 4 hours this is going to be...

3 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I don't have children but my sister was talking about how when she dropped her daughter off at preschool last week. My sister was a mess crying and my niece couldn't wait to meet all her new best friends.

Sandra said...

I know how it feels, I felt the same way with my daughter starting school, but then she went in and acted like nothing happened LOL

I was the one walking home crying LOL

tulipmom said...

I hope he had a good first day and that you survived too.